IGUANA.bannerBflat

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Super Summer Comic Action Super Bowl 2008

Things have been so busy because everything I’ve been working on is coming out at the same time; The same day in fact- July 23 (also known as San Diego Comic Con). Although , these dates always change so who knows for sure. Here's what to look for:

LOCAL- HARDCOVER EDITION
On Sale July 23, 2008



THE NEW YORK FOUR
Written by Brian Wood; Art and cover by Ryan Kelly
A new Minx graphic novel from acclaimed writer Brian Wood (DEMO, DMZ)! Just starting her freshman year at NYU, Riley is about to find out what an adventure — and a mystery — living in New York City can be.

The ultimate insider's guide to NYC is seen through the eyes of Brooklyn-born Riley. Raised by stuffy, literati parents, Riley's a shy, straight-A student who convinces three other NYU brainiacs to join a research group for fast cash.

On Sale July 23, 2008

25 Page Preview on Myspace




AMERICAN VIRGIN VOL. 4: AROUND THE WORLD

Written by Steven T. Seagle; Art by Becky Cloonan, Ryan Kelly and Jim Rugg; Cover by Celia Calle

Collecting issues #15-23 of the GLAAD Award nominated series! In this final volume, Adam Chamberlain comes full circle. He's been waiting his whole life to experience reunion, revenge and consummation. Under the all-seeing eye of his Higher Power, Adam is offered these desires, but each comes with a price: betrayal, arrest and damnation.

On Sale July 2, 2008


*P.S. I'm only listing this because I did about 50 pages of pencils in this collection (royalties!) but you should buy this final collection because it's really Fing good



TORI AMOS’ COMIC BOOK TATTOO
Press Release:
This July the ever-growing relationship between comics and music reaches new heights as Tori Amos and Image Comics release COMIC BOOK TATTOO, a 480-page, full color anthology adapting the themes and ideas behind her songs into a lush volume of sequential art.

“I have been surprised, excited and pleasantly shocked by these comics that are extensions of the songs that I have loved and therefore welcome these amazing stories of pictures and words because they are uncompromisingly inspiring,” says Amos. “It shows you thought is a powerful formidable essence and can have a breathtaking domino effect.


To assemble COMIC BOOK TATTOO's diverse roster of talent, Amos worked alongside editor Rantz Hoseley, co-creator behind the upcoming DISPLACED
PERSONS and VIX. Together they formed a line up featuring Y: THE LAST MAN's Pia Guerra, Leah Moore, John Reppion David Mack, Hope Larson, Ryan Kelly,Jonathan Hickman, Colleen Doran, Eric Canete, Ted McKeever, Jock, Anthony Johnston, Dame Darcy, Carla Speed McNeil, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Mark Buckingham, Ivan Brandon, C. B. Cebulski and many more, including an introduction by SANDMAN creator Neil Gaiman.

Editor Hoseley added, "While the connections between comics and music have been long established by generations of creators, Comic Book Tattoo is the pure distillation of how these two art forms inspire and feed off of each other across all the classifications, genres and styles of comic storytelling. Like Tori’s music, these stories run the gamut of human experience, emotion and imagination brought to life by some of the most compelling and innovative creators in the field of comics."

COMIC BOOK TATTOO, a 12” x 12” 480-page anthology,
ON SALE JULY 23rd.


*P.S. As you can see, this book is the size of a picnic table. I never listened to Tori Amos that much before this but I've been making the extra effort and it pays off because I have a rather large 15-page story in this and it turned out better than I thought (yeah, i waited to the last minute). You'll find out later which Tori Amos song I drew. I'm really happy to be on this project. I did it first and foremost to work again with John Ney Rieber and Rantz Hoseley. John wrote this incredible story which could have been 30 (or 300) pages. I found out about Rantz from The Engine--he was atleast the most sane person there.
Panel and pixel is a pretty good message board for how to make comics stuff.


I bailed on a bunch of conventions this year because I'm a dope but I'll be here so far. Come by and pay me to draw some pictures:


WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO
June 27-29, 2008
Artist Alley: Yes

SAN DIEGO COMICCON
July 22-24
Artist alley: Yes!

MNCBA FALLCON
October 4-5
Artist Table: Yes


Brian Wood mentioned at NYCC that I'm drawing the next Northlanders arc. This is my biggest job yet. I'm going to draw that thing right and good. I might be working on another Vertigo thing and I'm trying to write my own creator-owned project. I want to start doing more color work. GOOD color work. On the computer , like everyone else does.

I'm destined to draw vikings....
Here's a picture of me on the weekends...

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kirk Gauthier said...

Dude, I didn't know you were WCW Champion! Hell, if David Arquette can do it, anyone can do it.

Pretty awesome you have, like 5,000 books coming out the same day. I'm still trying to get everything together for my first self-pub. book to come out this year. I'm actually working with Corey Lewis for the cover art. ^_^

5:02 AM  
Blogger Grant Gould said...

dude, congrats on the northlanders gig - that's one of the only books i'm reading right now. seems fitting that both us minnesotans will both be working on viking books around the same time (mine's over at wolvesofodin.com) :)

we should get together and talk norse art shop. ;P

we'll be at the same shows this year, too, so i'm sure i'll be seein' ya soon.

- grant

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home